[Gllug] mounting EXT2

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Mon Jan 16 17:19:26 UTC 2006

Hi all

I had the following line in my /etc/fstab

/dev/hda14  /mnt/hd/MAGIC-STORE vfat  uid=1000,gid=100,fmask=133
 1  0

but I just converted the partition to EXT2, and now the line is

/dev/hda14  /mnt/hd/MAGIC-STORE ext2  defaults  1  0

but now I get read-only access to the partition; one way around
it is to change the "defaults" option to "noauto,user" but then
I will have to manually mount the partition every time.

So is there any way to mount it automatically at boot time &
also give me read-write access??

I tried reading the man pages for "mount" & "tune2fs" but failed
to notice anything helpful, may be I missed something......

Thanks
Emon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk