[Gllug] Dual core 32 bit ... or should I go 64bit?

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Thu Jul 6 19:48:03 UTC 2006

On 6 Jul 2006, at 20:05, M.Blackmore wrote:

> The reservation I have about speed is the digital video editing if my
> daughter (and mine) interest takes off, she's quite keen on that
> sort of
> thing.

As long as you have a decent video and disk system, video editing
shouldn't be a problem.  I'm on an Intel Mac here at home (2.0Ghz
Dual Core processor, ATI X1600 128Mb VRAM, 250Gb 7,200rpm SATA drive,
300Gb 7,200rpm external firewire drive, 2Gb system RAM)and it hasn't
given me any difficulties with video editing.  Applying transitions
and video effects is really quite nippy.  It'll last me a good three-
four years, I'd say.

Regards,

	Martyn
--