[Gllug] Hello all

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 16:19:52 UTC 2006

James Roberts wrote:
> Very brief 'hello all' - just joined list.

A quick hello from me too - I've just joined the list as well! :-)

I've been using Linux longer than I can remember, which with my memory
it might not be long at all! :-)  Dabbled with various distros but seem
to have settled with cAos at the moment; I've packaged up a fair number
of RPMs for it.

However, I run my own server and I was considering moving over to
FreeBSD.  I enjoy tinkering with programs and am a member of a few
projects.  I originally started programming in assembly on an old Z80
but these days am happy with anything broadly C based.  Oh, and I
recently discovered Mac OS X and Objective-C! :-)

I dislike anything windows and frequently despair at our inadequate
computer system at work!  I work in an unrelated field and have been
thinking of making the jump into IT.  Is RHCE engineer worth going for?
 Will it enhance my prospects?  Or would it just be another piece of
(costly) paper?

Take care,

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk