[Gllug] learning linux (was: Live streaming video server)

Ryland, Peter peter.ryland at squaregain.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 07:01:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 01:49 +0100, Yousuf_uk wrote:
> hi there
> im planing to start learn linux my self, could any 1 give me some
> information plz can i download linux from any site or give me some link so i
> can download . thx all i need all of ur
> help plz

Hi Yousuf,

There is plenty of documentation on the internet for getting started.
Try this site for example:

http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/index.html

I would recommend downloading or buying one of the following
distributions as a start:

Ubuntu 6.06 LTS  (http://www.ubuntu.com/)
SuSE Desktop 10  (http://www.novell.com/linux/)
Fedora Core 5    (http://www.redhat.com/fedora/)

If you have any specific troubles, I'm sure the list will be most
willing to help.

Please also take the time to read the Frequently-Asked Questions page
for this list, which you can find at:

http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq/

May I also please ask you to follow list netiquette.  We don't have an
official netiquette guide for this list, but the points made in the
following guides apply equally to this list:

http://www.hwg.org/lists/netiquette.html
http://en.opensuse.org/Opensuse_mailing_list_netiquette

HTH,
Pete

This communication is confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not that person you are not permitted to make use of
the information and you are requested to notify
postmaster at squaregain.co.uk immediately that you have
received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.
Squaregain Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and is a member of the LSE.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk