[Gllug] GLLUG Summer Expedition

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Fri Jun 2 12:22:52 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am trying to organise a GLLUG Summer Expedition to Bletchley Park,
Cambs. for Sunday 9th July.

"Bletchley Park was the centre of the Allied cryptanalysis and code
breaking efforts during the Second World War. The most notable
achievement was the breaking of the German Enigma cipher which is said
to have brought the war to an end 2 years early.

It was home to a number of famous mathamaticians and cryptanalysts
including Alan Turing - the father of modern computer science."

At the park there is a Computer history museum, World War 2 exhibits and
a Churchill exhibition.

One this particular day there is also a vintage car and motorbike show
and a WW2 fly-past as well as the regular attractions.

The plan is to arrive at Bletchley, visit the attractions and then have
a group picnic later in the afternoon. That Sunday is also the World Cup
Final (No, England won't be playing in it *duck*) so those who care
could find a local pub or race back to London to watch it. Kickoff is at
1900.

I need to track numbers of people who are going to attend. Once I have
20 interested people we can claim a group discount for entry of £8 each.

Please discuss the trip on the GLLUG Social list...

... to keep the noise off of the main discussion list. Email me if you
are interested in going and I am going to maintain a web-page to inform
you of train times, more information etc.

http://www.gllug.org.uk/index.php?/archives/18-GLLUG-Summer-Expedition.html

Families and other hangers-on are more than welcome.

Hope to see some of you there..

~sm