[Gllug] Is it me or are the CPUs getting slower?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 17:21:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 17:31 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 17:06 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> > I've been trying for some time to install Etch (AMD64 flavour) on an
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo    please

john at knight:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 31
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 1004.637
cache size      : 512 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
lm 3dnowext 3dnow lahf_lm
bogomips        : 2010.59
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp

> Have you any of the power saving daemons switched on?

I haven't consciously switched anything on or off - this is just a
default Ubuntu 6.06 AMD64 installation.

John

--
John Winters, Wallingford, Oxon, England
i = (free (NULL); i++);

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk