[Gllug] Advice on using gpg

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 18:52:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 11:34 +0000, Jon Dye wrote:

> I've also thought about putting the key on a USB pendrive that I carry
> around but was worried what would happen if I lost my pendrive (which
> I've done before).

That's probably the option I'd go for. As far as losing the drive goes,
your key should be encrypted anyway, so as long as your pass-phrase is
adequately strong, you should be OK. If you're still worried, how about
one of these:-

http://www.index-security.com/Store_INDX-1-2005-PayPal.htm

No software needed, unlike most of the others, so you can use it
anywhere.

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk