[Gllug] How to reply to mails??

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Mar 22 07:00:22 UTC 2006

Emon wrote:
> When I am replying to mails from mailing list, should I hit "Reply" or
> "Reply to all", what's the difference between the two??

Roughly speaking, hitting reply sends a message to the person listed in
the From field unless the Reply-To field is set in which case that
address is used instead.

Reply to all does just that.  If you have multiple To and CC addresses,
all will be included in your new message.

> And what should I do when I want to exclusively reply to the author of
> the mail instead of the whole list??

Make sure your email is addressed to the right person before hitting Send.

--
Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk