[Gllug] postfix: ip address for outgoing mail

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Mar 1 11:55:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:44:17PM +0100, Benedikt wrote:

> How can I control, which IP address postfix is using for sending email on a
> machine with several IP addresses  (one network interface with one main and
> several aliased IPs; ideally, I'd like postfix just to use the main IP
> address, as the aliased ones are only used for different https-hosts)
>
> So far, googling hasn't turned up what I need... :-/

Have you looked at the documentation that comes with the Postfix
package/source?  Postfix is usuall distributed with a whole bundle of
sample configuration snippets, with each parameter well documented.  You
usually don't even have to look that far; the most commonly used options
are all in the default main.cf file, commented out.

--
Bruce

Remember you're a Womble.