[Gllug] disclaimers etc etc

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri May 19 11:39:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 18 May 2006, Andy Smith wrote:
>On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 04:49:14PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
>>My point about certifying an outgoing email virus free is that it serves
>>no useful purposes whatsoever -  in fact it is arguable that if the email
>>then turns out to have a virus in it the receipient might have reason to be
>>rather unhappy about it!
>It is a marketing message from the vendor of the antivirus service.

Worse are bounces sent to the originators of virused email. Since
almost all of the From lines on virused email are forged (which the
antivirus companies know) this is simply unsolicited bulk email sent
to the victims of joe-jobs. And what do we call unsolicited bulk
email?

--
OPTIONS=name:Kirsty,menustyle:C,female,lit_corridor,standout,time,showexp,hilit
e_pet,catname:Akane,dogname:Ryoga,fruit:okonomiyaki,pickup_types:"!$?=/,scores:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk