[Gllug] Is anyone else getting download rates near zero today?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri May 5 08:58:39 UTC 2006

On Fri 05 May, John Winters wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 07:46 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> > Other people complained on the
> > demon.service newsgroup, but there was no response from Demon/Thus.
>
> Why does this make me feel like I've slipped through a time warp?
>
> Any word on the new Usenet News server?
>
> John

   Should I infer that you are connected via Demon/Thus? There is very
little information about Usenet on the Demon website, and it is not even
made available to users on the cheaper contracts. I get the impression that
it is being sidelined because the few regular users continually complain
about slow and often incomplete binary downloads, while many new users do
not even realise that Usenet exists.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk