[Gllug] [OT] Linux exp on notebooks

Yashpal Nagar yash at linux-delhi.org
Mon May 22 15:20:10 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:

>Clevo / Alienware m7700 with the AMD64x2 3800, does 1920x 1200 - lots
>and lots of options to choose from and it packs some serious processing
>capability.
>
>I had one for a short while, then swapped that for an Acer Ferrari 4005
>( turion64 M34 ),  which is more of a portable machine rather than the
>Alienware workhorse.
>
>On Both of these machine's Linux support is out-of-the-box, even the
>bcm43xx WiFi now works fine with the 2.6.15+ kernels.

I don't need that much resolution Karan, may be a graphic designer would
be more happy than me :)

Ok. Well thanks for all those who replied to this, i think
linux-laptop.net is great resource to decide for a notebook buyer to
analyse.

Till now IBM T42p seems to be fiiting good in my opionion, anyone against?

Regards,
Yash

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk