[Gllug] SwitchedOnUK

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Nov 16 08:41:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I have tried to get some sense out of a site provided by BT called
>
> http://www.switchedonuk.org
>
> which claims to be about future BT upgrades. I have never before seen so
> many pages with so little information about what they are about. Is it
> supposed to be a change to IPv6, or ADSL2, or...??? Or is it just an
> internal BT equipment upgrade?

It's a crap site - just a marketing exercise.

It's to promote BT's switch from an ATM based core to a pre IP network.
This will affect phone, ISDN, and ADSL services.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98