[Gllug] OT: Mac code can't be given on an LOU network?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Sep 22 19:42:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Matthew King wrote:

> [1] When they decided to screw around with my DSL (I was using them
> through UKFSN when they were still talking to Jason) they tied up the
> phone line, which BT wouldn't do anything about, and I was offline for
> months due to their utter incompetence. And they weren't even my ISP!

Last month BT launched a new call centre specifically to address this
issue. The tag on line helpdesk should be able to help people who find
themselves victim to this nonsense sort it out.

OFCOM have a consultation in progress at the moment to consider the idea
of mandatory issuing of MACs and to consider the issue of LLU migration.
I suspect that this may be the necessary route to deal with the likes of
Tiscali and Netservices.

Thankfully UKFSN has not used Tiscali for over a year and we've only been
commissioning ADSL via Enta since July last year. My life is so much
better now.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk