[Gllug] Re: SIM-IM as Yahoo instant messenger

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 18:15:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:51:28 +0100 Craig Millar <gllug at craigmillar.org>
wrote:

> On 05/04/07, John G Walker <johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> >Has anyone had any success in using SIM-IM to run the Yahoo instant
> >messenger (with Firefox)? If so, pointers as to how to get it working
> >would be very useful to me.
> >
> >All I get are offers to download the Yahoo product. They do have *nix
> >versions, but only for Red Hat, Debian and FreeBSD. I'm using SuSE,
>
> Not entirely sure what Firefox support sim-im has, but it is packaged
> in the KDE:/Backports repository. You'll find it here:
> http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/KDE:/Backports/
>
> hth,
> Craig

Thanks. I actually have SIM-IM installed, but I might as well not have
for all the good it does when I follow the links to start it up in
Yahoo.

This might, of course, be a Firefox question. It occurs to me that I
might need to tweak something in about:config, but I can't find
anything obvious there. In this case, of course, I'd have the same
problem with Kopete (thanks Iain),

--
 All the best,
 John