[Gllug] Exim4 mail problem

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 08:47:02 UTC 2007

Hi
I wonder if anyone with more experience of Exim4 can throw any light on a
problem we are currently experiencing.

I have a number of messages apparently 'stuck' in the smtp delivery phase
- the majority of which are for the same domain.
'Exiwhat' shows for each message;
'waiting for a remote delivery subprocess to finish'

netstat shows that all connections to port 25 of the respective receiving IP
address are in the 'CLOSE_WAIT' state.

Is there any where I can tell what is actually going on ?

Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk