[Gllug] Old hardware heading for the bin

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 16:57:09 UTC 2007

I just thought I'd mention that I'm about about to throw away some old
bits and pieces. I doubt anyone's interested, but if you are, I'll hang
on to it until you have the opportunity to relieve me of it.

So far as I know, most of the kit is still in working order, but don't
be suprised if you find that it isn't..

Heading for the bin are:

* ISA Yamaha OPL3-SA-3 based ISAPNP sound card
* An ISA "mouse/parallel/serial" card. Looks like it gives a single
  parallel port, a PS/2 mouse port and 2 internal headers for serial
  ports. No idea what the UARTs are. Has some jumpers of Unknown
  Purpose(tm) (probably IRQ/IO settings)
* VL-bus Trident TGUI9400CXi-based SVGA card. I think it has 256 or 512K
  of onboard RAM, and sockets for doubling whatever's onboard. I think I
  have chips for it in a motherboard, acting as cache.
* ISA UMC-based I/O multiport card. 1x IDE channel, 1x floppy channel,
* 1x external serial, 1x external parallel. 1x internal serial (maybe
  for connecting to a second backplane socket. Looks like there's
  another internal connector, but I have NFI what it's for. A but rusty,
  but probably works.
* ISA 3com Etherlink III with RJ45, BNC and AUI connectors
* AUI <--> 10BaseT converter
* AT Motherboard with (from memory) an Intel 486DX2-66. 4x ISA slots, 2x
  VL-bus, 4x SIMM, fully populated cache. CMOS battery looks past its
  prime. Looks like the main chipset is an EFAR EC802. I think this is
  ex-Escom (remember them?!).
* 7 3.5" floppy drives. Mixture of PC and Acorn, possibly even Amiga.
* ISA Goldstar-chipset multi I/O card. 1x IDE, 1x floppy, parallel,
  serial and what looks like a game port
* Assorted 72pin SIMMS, some EDO, some FPM
* A COAST (Cache On A STick) module

There's sure to be more, but that's all I can find immediately. It's all
going in the bin on Monday evening unless someone really wants anything
from the list.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk