[Gllug] Begging for a job.. continued

Mike Whiting mail at mikejw.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 17:10:11 UTC 2007

Hey guys,

I sent an email recently asking if anyone knew of any web development
work and I'm afraid I didn't really supply any real details about what
I'm looking for / what I'm into.

I am a PHP guy.  Sorry, I should have made that clear.  The last project
I was working on (bestival.net) I was pretty much responsible for
putting everything together that wasn't related to the Flash side,
including the mapping of URLs captured from modrewrite to give the site
dynamic sections with a few dynamic HTML layouts.  For the DB side;  I'm
a massive fan of proper relational database design achieved with or
without the aid of ERDs. For the front end I've been getting to grips
with the Smarty template engine. To put it all together I've been
building my own framework (using PHP 5) based on concepts outlined by
Joe Stump on his article found here:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2005/09/15/mvc_intro.html.

Thanks.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk