[Gllug] Securely disposing of old hard drives

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Mon Aug 20 15:16:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:12:30 +0100, James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com> wrote:

> t.clarke wrote:
>> A sledgehammer is still quicker if you have one  -  it should
>> effectively
>> buggar the disc platters if wielded with enough force.
>
> And when wielded with great force (in the distant past) I have seen half
> a top cover come off and go in the hammer operator's eye. I prefer the
> hole-istic approach :)

I've a .45 colt rifle that would do the job and you'd be far enough away
to not get a fragment in your eye.

Not sure if the RO at Bisley would be too pleased with me shooting them
though.

How about trying what this chap did with an iPhone?
http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=iphone

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk