[Gllug] Cisco VPN Client

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:23:24 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

> That's surprising.  I use vpnc daily without encountering stability
> problems.  You may have a very old version or a configuration problem.

~$ vpnc --version
vpnc version 0.4.0
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Geoffrey Keating, Maurice Massar, others
vpnc comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of vpnc under the terms of the GNU General
Public License.  For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING.

Supported DH-Groups: nopfs dh1 dh2 dh5
Supported Hash-Methods: md5 sha1
Supported Encryptions: null des 3des aes128 aes192 aes256
Supported Auth-Methods: psk psk+xauth

$ cat /etc/vpnc/default.conf
IPSec gateway my.ip.is.here
IPSec ID sekritname
IPSec secret sekritword
Xauth username sekritname
Xauth password sekritword

I can't speak for the VPN end - I believe it to be a pix501.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk