[Gllug] Problem with the new Debian Etch 4.0r1 CD 1

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 08:14:52 UTC 2007

On Wed 22 Aug, Caroline Ford wrote:

> The jigdo FAQ has guidelines for how to finish off images like this - it
> involves rsync and I don't have it to hand. The packages it is missing
> have probably been upgraded for security reasons.
>
> Caroline

   Or perhaps the main digital signatures were updated, but the details for
these files were forgotten. Most of the files in files in Etch have not been
updated, but they were collected OK. Others have been updated, and those
updates have built OK.
   The version 4.0 revision 1 was announced last week, and every computer
here complained about the signatures during the regular security updates,
but not all architectures were complete so no disc images were released at
the time.
   I have been running apt-proxy, then apt-cacher, for some years, and they
are usually used for updates and building CD/DVD images. The files were
almost certainly already in the local cache, but I did re-try direct.
   I am considering building a local mirror using anonftpsync as suggested
in the Debian website, but am not sure whether it is rather more than I
need, or whether I can build from my existing cache. I would still need to
build disc images, so the problem would not just disappear.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk