[Gllug] Reminder - Protest BBC iPlayer Tomorrow - Tuesday August 14

Peter Brown peterb at fsf.org
Mon Aug 13 09:37:35 UTC 2007

Please join me and members of DefectiveByDesign.org as we protest the
BBC iPlayer from 10:30am tomorrow (Tuesday) at BBC Television Center. We
will be joined by Green Party spokesperson Derek Wall - helping us frame
this as an important political issue.

We will have the trademark anti-DRM HazMat suits for you to wear and
information about the iPlayer to distribute to those visiting BBC
Television Centre.

Help us apply pressure to BBC executives responsible for the iPlayer
mess, and encourage the BBC Trust to review their decision to use DRM
and exclude GNU/Linux users.

BBC TV Centre at 201 Wood Ln, London, W12 7RJ (use White City) from
10:30am until 2pm. Please bring a camera.

Thanks to Philip Hands for posting the original announcement to this
list.

Peter Brown
Free Software Foundation

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk