[Gllug] Cisco VPN Client

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Aug 7 11:30:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 10:38:09AM +0100, Stephen wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have looked at vpnc, but can't seem to match up the config options....
>
> Ok... got it working, but it is horribly unstable... seems to drop
> every minute or less.
>
> So... alternative, or hints on improving stability would be welcome.

Try using the native Linux kernel ipsec facility.  There are several
front-ends you can use to control those - I know of FreeSwan and Racoon
and, having used them both extensively, prefer racoon.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill