[Gllug] Combined phone and broadband in the Barnet Area

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Sat Aug 18 11:02:53 UTC 2007

John Winters wrote:
> ...I understand the idea is to provide it for businesses where
> people lose track of what the apparently unused line is for.  Accounts
> keep getting a bill for a BT line.  They don't recognise the number.
> There are never any outgoing calls on the line.  They don't even know
> where it terminates, so one day they tell BT to cease the line and to
> their surprise find they've lost their Internet connection.

Lest anyone be tempted to exclaim, 'No! No-one would ever do that!'

- this very week the accountant at one of our clients followed this
logic step-by-step, terminated two lines (for the SDSL and the emergency
ADSL) and then went off to the far East for three weeks jungle vacation.

Will need new job on return though.

;)

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk