[Gllug] Combined phone and broadband in the Barnet Area

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Aug 18 10:10:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Caroline Ford wrote:

> So is it possible to get broadband and a phone line from a provider
> other than BT? I got the impression that all broadband required a phone
> line from BT, even if it was LUU.

Yes. Many ISPs, including UKFSN, can provide the phone line (based upon BT
lines provided wholesale) as well as the broadband service. The costs wont
be much less however unless the provider are running a loss leader.

> I'd love to find a better supplier of line rental than BT as I just want
> a line for broadband and hate having to pay £10 a month for the
> privilege. I appreciate that the line rental has to be paid for somehow
> but even paying the same company for both would be preferable to having
> to deal with bl**dy BT.

You will pay the line rental one way or another. Some providers (eg Sky)
will bundle it with a number of other services while others will charge it
openly.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk