[Gllug] SIGSEGV error

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Wed Aug 29 16:33:34 UTC 2007

Hi

t.clarke wrote:
> A SIGSEGV fault is generally due to a program bug; as you say, addressing memory

If it's something which gives memory quite a workout (usually things
like compilers, but I can well imagine a fluid simulator would too) then
it could well be that you have faulty RAM.

It may be worth running memtest86+ on the machine for a few hours
(install the memtest86+ package in ubuntu and reboot. Go into the GRUB
menu [ press Esc when prompted to see the boot menu ] and select the
memtest option).

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones