[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 1 11:20:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Henrik Morsing wrote:

> I'll have to go though my old emails. I haven't had to phone them (with
> a serious problem) since end of last summer where I had an outage that
> lasted almost three months. They kept going round in circles and
> constantly refused to help.

I've looked over your account notes at Enta and I see what you are
refering to now. It was a complete mess and you are right - Enta support
were rubbish when this happened last year.

Their real fault however was not that they refused to help but rather that
they accepted BT's claims that there was no fault.

In the end it turned out to be anything but as the line had been cut in
the street and had to be relaid but I had to shout at several people at
Enta before someone took the support department in hand and banged heads
to get things done.

Afterwards I complained to Enta's management regarding this and they
responded by reorganising the support department and introducing someone
with responsibility for managing the support team properly and the
authority to do so.

Since then support have been far better.

None of that excuses what you had to endure however.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk