[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Wed Aug 1 23:45:39 UTC 2007

On 01/08/07 17:45 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:
> > Our Zen clients had a whole day outage last week, support denied it even
> > happened. We have the NOC logs. Still arguing.

Sounds feasible.

> Zen have historically been a very good ISP. If that is changing it will
> disappoint a lot of people.

We have just left zen after three years (and more on a personal level). We've
had calls to us logged on their tracking system confirming that everthing was
ok (it wasn't) that never actually took place. Perhaps they spoke to a
receptionist, but I was mentioned by name on the tracker.

We've gone with a wimax solution - the idea being that they can't endlessly
blame BT and then refuse to call out a BT engineer without making us jump
through hoops (factory resets, router and filter changes, etc ad nauseum) and
constantly threatening us with charges (that were never charged) in case we
are wasting their time. So far, so good.
Craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk