[Gllug] OT: Paying for stuff - Was: So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Tom Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 12:03:38 UTC 2007

Pete Stean wrote:
> I know this can be done in the states but I don't think it's possible
> here (yet) - it's a "one-shot" virtual credit card that you can load
> with whatever value you want to make a particular payment. Once the
> value is used it's dead... a good solution imho

They have that in Portugal too, it's called mbnet - you can create as
many virtual cards as you like, with a maximum value and an expiry date.

I was very upset with my Portuguese bank card not working online, until
I found out about this...

Bank transfers within Europe, paying bills, mobile phones, etc. all seem
easier here (you can do them from any cashpoint).

Climate's crap, OTOH ;)
Tom SW
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk