[Gllug] Building a DSL router/access point

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Wed Aug 8 19:49:41 UTC 2007

Phil,
  May I suggest you get an appliance like a Linksys router and load a
custom firmware.  An appliance has several advantages, not the least of
which is power savings.  You also have noise and cost which are good.
The custom firmware available will give you the flexibility to do almost
anything you want.  Buying an internal DSL modem is possible, but they
tend to have problems and they are definitely expensive.  On the flip
side, the advantage of the internal DSL modems is that with the right
provider and multiple DSL lines, you can bond the lines into a single
channel.  Of course if you are looking for a solution like that then
price and noise are the least of your worries :-)

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk