[Gllug] SIGSEGV error

Delioma Oramas Dorta delio79 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:09:29 UTC 2007

Thanks!

I recently signed into the list in order to ask for guidance in respect of a
problem I am getting while running a program in Linux. The program is used
for simulating geological flows (such as landslides) over a digital
representation of the terrain.

The program was compiled apparently fine in Ubuntu version of Linux: the
interface of the program opens, and I can key in the input data which is
later on used by the program to make a simulation of the flow.

But when I try to run the simulation, this will work only for 30 seconds (it
stops at 30 seconds of simulated flow time) and it gives the error:

p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11

I have read a lot on Google and Forums and have found that it may be a
segmentation fault which happens when the program is accessing memory which
has not been allocated to it.... But to be honest I dont have a clue how to
sort it out. I dont know anything of linux, but need to sort this out for
running the simulation program.

Does anyone know whether a total newby could sort this kind of thing out?
Otherwise, is there any professional company or someone who does this kind
of job?

will look forward to any ideas!

Many thanks