[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Wed Aug 1 09:48:29 UTC 2007

Dylan said:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2007, John G Walker wrote:
>>
> I've been using Entanet (through ukfsn) for about 2 years and their
> service,
> both QOS and customer care, have been excellent. They provide a wires-only
> no-bells and whistles service, so hosting is separate; but in the time
> I've
> used them I've had 3 outages or less than a day each and 2 of them were BT
> issues at my local exchange, one was due to planned upgrade work. I'd
> highly
> reccommend them.

Really... I've had nothing but problems with them. Two biggest one are
that their "24h phone support" is only open 8am - 8pm and that when their
answering machine doesn't announce that they're closed, it takes them
40-50 minutes to answer the phone. On top of this you constantly get put
on hold.

And this is not just based on one incident but at least five, if not more,
over the last 2-3 years or so.

I have previously been with PlusNet and they're absolutely superb. They
also have a web-forum that widely used by both costumers and the very
knowledgable tecchies for support. PlusNet will answer the phone 24/7
pretty much instantly and any post on the board will normally be answered
within the hour. At least that's what is was like when I left about 2-3
years ago.

--
Regards,
Henrik Morsing