[Gllug] The point in keeping all those old computers

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Aug 22 12:06:13 UTC 2007

I've just hit an instance when I should have kept and old computer and
haven't.

The chap who looks after our local community magazine is retiring
(pushing 90) and the need has arisen to get the subscription list off
his old Amstrad.  Yes, it has 3" disks only and I don't have a 3" drive
any more.

I know it's not Linux related, but I think you lot are quite a likely
bunch of people to ask - does anyone have the hardware to copy the
contents of a 3" floppy off onto something else?  It doesn't even matter
much what else; it would probably be perfectly feasible just to e-mail
the extracted files.

In hope,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk