[Gllug] Reminder - Protest BBC iPlayer Tomorrow - Tuesday August 14

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:02:41 UTC 2007

You realise that electronic petitions on the No10 website are utterly
pointless... they're just a sop to the masses to make them think that their
opinion counts (and believe me, I'm close enough to this process to
understand how it works, and how it's viewed by Government).

The only thing that really works in these situations is to be a bit
irritating and annoying, so that they think about doing something to stop
the letters/emails pouring in
- Write to the relevant members of the BBC Trust (ie those that have a clue
about technology)
- Write to the relevant heads of Dept at the Beeb themselves

That's what I've done - an online petition counts for less than nothing

Pete