[Gllug] Westminster eForum Keynote Seminar - Open Source Software - morning of 12 Sept 2007

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:46:16 UTC 2007

OK - I've had a think...

ANNOUNCEMENT: I am going to see if I can blag some complimentary spaces to
this event for the Ubuntu UK community folks. Please note however that, if I
am successful, anyone attending with me will effectively be 'sponsored' by
the Department for Communities and Local Government, with all that implies (
i.e. a serious interest in hearing the speakers, being prepared to chat
intelligently with other delegates about opensource if you're collared etc)

If anyone is interested keep it in this thread for the moment until I can
confirm I have some places... here's hoping. I'll also raise the
video-youtube idea, they might well be up for that - very web 2.0 :)

Peter

On 30/08/2007, Jim Bailey <jim at freesolutions.net> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 03:38, Pete Stean wrote:
> > Ouch! Sorry didn't realise the prices. Maybe people could hang around
> outside
> > and offer to buy Alan Cox a few drinks down the pub in exchange for a
> talk :)
>
> Maybe they could video the discussions and put it on Youtube, open
> governement e-governement and all that stuff. ;)
>
> It is actually an interesting topic shame it is a closed shop. :)
>
> --
> Peace Jim :-)
>
> Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
> character, give him power.
> -- Abraham Lincoln
>
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997