[Gllug] DVD vs Blueray/HDDVD

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 11:56:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 11:19:14AM +0000, t.clarke wrote:
> As for the film itself - the quality is CRAP  - very grainy.

I saw this for the first time visiting some family the other week. I was
watching on a relatively small telly so wouldn't be too confident of stating
how good I thought the quality was.

That said, the colours are really washed out (compared with other DVDs on the
same kit). I thought it was deliberate, to you know show how troubled and
angsty Harry was, and how Voldemort's cohorts were taking over. So I don't
know if that's a factor in what you're seeing? I never saw the film at the
cinema so can't compare the experience.

--
Stuart
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk