[Gllug] (article) Bogus bobbies raid Kings Cross data centre

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Dec 19 09:38:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 19:48 +0000, Alex Smith wrote:
> Yes and no. They didn't want people to be able to walk in and out
> without having an access number generated for each visit (which is a
> little annoying unless you have access to their portal).

I have the phone number for the ops team in my mobile. They know me and
I've never had a problem gaining access for myself or any colo customer
who I trust to give access to. All I do is call them sufficiently in
advance for them to raise the access ticket in their systems.

I also don't carry photo id. I have an old style driving license (with
an old address on it).  Never had an access problem.

> I thought it was more secure as they stored your photo too... go figure.

Indeed. I was rather disappointed to hand my pac back in. I was more
disappointed at the 70%+ price increase. :(

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk