[Gllug] Hard disk upgrade for older system

Matthew Joseph Smith indigojo_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 19:30:47 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I've got a Compaq AP550 workstation (dual P3), from about 2000, and as I
understand it these systems (with ATA disk controllers) can only use
hard disks up to 128Gb.  Does anyone know if I can use more than one
disk, each of less than that size - say 120Gb and 40Gb - adding up to
more?  I ask as I may purchase at the computer fair tomorrow and many of
the vendors do not speak enough English to answer this.

Regards,

Matt Smith
--

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/qt/