[Gllug] ongoing ubuntu problem

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Feb 16 23:24:56 UTC 2007

Hi

co at byintelligentdesign.co.uk wrote:
> Wierd cos iwconfig looks like there is no essid set... So whats going on
> there then? I'm off to bed. Hopefully the linux fairy will come in the
> night and solve all my problems :)

And it has no ESSID set, so it's clearly not connected to the access point.

I think the edgy network tools are a bit broken for wireless stuff, but
I use network-manager anyway, which makes connecting to WEP/WPA pretty
easy, but is completely separate from the main networking config tools.
Might be worth trying to see if it's a config or driver problem.

Is there anything in /var/log/syslog that looks relevant?

On the upside, in Feisty they are joined together :)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net