[Gllug] i think you guys wanna read this

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Sat Jan 13 23:02:44 UTC 2007

In message <45A95F6F.2080005 at py-soft.co.uk>, Benjamin Donnachie
<benjamin at py-soft.co.uk> writes
>Juergen Schinker wrote:
>> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2004/pulpit_20040930_000460.html
>
>Hmmm... I looked into this very recently but thought that the downfall
>would be obtaining the television programming...
>
>Any ideas where you can get it wholesale in the UK?

The satellite isn't in the UK, what's stopping you from buying the feed
from the same place he does?

I'm sure that in the UK every subscriber will still need a TV license
but I don't know what the legal ramifications are. For instance you
might be forbidden from rebroadcasting TV signals, but might be able to
run a CAT5 cable over the back fence.

If it's been done once it's not a primarily technical issue any more,
it's a legal one.

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com