[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 17 08:36:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Peter Childs wrote:

> Not fit for the purpose of sending long documents (with formating pdf
> etc), pictures, etc that we don't care when they turn up as long as they
> do and only send the messages you want not the spam. Which is what a lot
> of people are using it for.

Again you are wrong.

Email does work for sending documents of any size subject to local and
remote limits (as it true for any method of sending $thing).

Not receiving spam is a separate issue. You are wrong to link them such
that a failure on the latter is read as a failure on the former as that is
simply not the case.

The idea that you can block all spam while not blocking legitimate email
is simply a fantasy - just as you cannot avoid receiving some unwanted
post via snail mail.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk