[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Jul 12 08:16:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, John G Walker wrote:

> > I am sure you could fix this with an ASBO now. If the bahaviour is
> > anti-social, and it is, then the courts would issue an ASBO and then
> > the person could even be banned from using a PC.
>
> Oh yes, if you could identify the person responsible, you could do all
> kinds of things. If you could find a way of enforcing them.

I suspect he was suggesting that people should be held responsible for
their their computer even if someone else has hijacked it which I think is
unfair. Most of these people simply bought a consumer appliance as they
have been encouraged to think of them and have no clue whatsoever as to
how to look after it.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk