[Gllug] Installfest on 5th August

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:32:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 12:14 +0100, Panos Savvas wrote:
> Hi Caroline,
>
> I have been using linux for a cpl of years and am no guru but would
> like to come a long a see where I can help out getting ppl up and
> running with linux.
>
> Not sure what is involved in a installfest beyond the obvious :)
> How many ppl do you expect and what will be the setup (i.e. will there
> be luxuries like internet connections)? What would I need to bring
> along?
>
> Panos
We're hoping to get internet at the site. Some people reckon you *need*
it as people will want to see it working before they leave.

We've no idea how many to expect. The set up will be people bring their
machines in (preferably laptops) and we install it for them. We will
have copies of CDs which people can take away.

> On 7/24/07, Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> wrote:
>         Hi
>
>         Caroline Ford wrote:
>         > I've organised and I'm hosting an installfest in August in
>         South
>         > London.
>
>         Do you do these on a regular basis? I'm away that particular
>         weekend,
>         but I would be happy to turn out to future installfests and
>         help get
>         people converted. I also live on the 185 route, so it's highly
>         convenient :)

If it goes well we'll certainly have another one. We have no idea how
long we'll have the building for so it's a bit up in the air.

GLLUG should be having it's annual student installfest in October
sometime. That went well and was fun last year!

Has anyone come across BLAG (Brixton Linux Action Group)? Some of them
may be coming - I've not personally come across them before.

Caroline

Caroline

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk