[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Jul 12 12:38:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:05:09PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> The idea that I could be extradited to the USA for an act illegal under their
> laws but committed HERE is extremely worrying!

Not really.  If you were to do any of the following acts, then the USA
would perfectly well be within its rights to ask for you to be
extradited, and I think we'd all support them:

 - Post anthrax to a destination in the US.
 - Remotely log in to a nuclear power station control system and
   cause it to melt down.

Where there may be problems is if you weren't breaking a law in your
own country, or if the US was not directly affected by your act, or if
we had a one-sided extradition treaty with them.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat