[Gllug] Hello from Cape Town

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 16:00:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:07:21 +0100 Les Matthew <lesmcdm at clara.co.uk>
wrote:

> Sorry, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I have often seen
> flooding in the Gloucester/Cheltenham area as I travel to and from
> Hereford to see my parents over the last 30ish years. I'm sure I've
> not seen it on this scale before, though I may be wrong.

You won't have seen flooding as bad as this - or, if you have, you
haven't seen the worst of the current flooding. There's no record of it
being this bad before.

But the point about anecdotal evidence stands, wherever the tongue sits
- it's not clear what the flooding is evidence of. Except we know it's
not cyclical,

--
 All the best,
 John