[Gllug] Linux on Mactel

Panos Savvas pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:56:11 UTC 2007

hi all.

A little guru help needed please!

ive googled like mad but haven't managed to fix this in 2 weeks.

Since I installed linux with bootcamp on my MacBook Pro I am no longer able
to recover the partition. bootcamp assistant doesn't work any more neither
does disk utility etc... any ideas... desperation is setting in! I can't
even access the linux partition or reinstall linux etc... its a disaster :)

I need to recover as my wife is a designer who uses it for work and is going
to kill me. She hasn't noticed the disk size is half yet ;)

Personally I use linux for most things and am not a beginner and am
comfortable with a command line solution if necessary. Obviously I can see
all the partitions from a linux live cd using gParted, but I do not know how
to make the partition available to the mac OS so that it can manage/use it.

does anyone know how to resolve this?

Appreciate any help

thanks!