[Gllug] OT re Sky Broadband

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 09:11:26 UTC 2007

On Wed 25 Jul, john gennard wrote:

> Problem still exists. Power light and booting indicater
> activate, but there is no internet signal. I played around
> a little by re-setting the router and changing the filter
> twice, but to no avail.

   A friend decided to go with Virgin (i.e. cable, not BT), and it has taken
a month of phone calls to a premium rate number, and finally a two-day time
limit before cancellation of the account, for them to admit that the local
server was faulty and fix the feed. People are having just as many problems
getting faults resolved by my ISP, one which used to be one of the best in
the business. The current trend is towards the cheapest and fastest local
connection rate, with the real data rate cut to pieces by contention, and
the worst service they can get away with.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk