[Gllug] [VACANCY] SQL Developer

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 10:08:16 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Peter Childs wrote:
> >  Why MySql? Why not use a database which does not have Massive database
> > corruption problems no referential interrogatory.
>
> While I am sure these are issues that have caused you grief at some
> point or the other - I've never had such issues, and we do use mysql
> quite extensively. And, were unlikely to make a change at this stage.

Innodb - Has transactions slow and has scaling issues.
Myisam - No Transactions but fast.

Thats not to say the failure to through errors for invalid data and to just
blindly accept it and fail to do anything with it.
MySql may be fine for most peoples web app but don't try using it on any
really really large amounts of data (or speed) where the data actual
matters.

Peter.