[Gllug] debian Sarge Apache2 php not working

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon May 14 15:55:20 UTC 2007

Rhys Powell wrote:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>> Rhys Powell wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>> 	Just recently run a dist-upgrade on a remote debian box that I have.
>>> Being a fedora bod at heart and possibly believing all the hype that
>>> debian was good at this I had no fears, seems I was a bit too trusting
>>> as now its not recognising php as an appropriate mime type.

Did you upgrade *to* Sarge or *from* Sarge to etch?  It's an odd time to
be upgrading to Sarge, but it seems that at least parts of your box are
running Sarge.

[snip]
>    libapache2-mod-php4: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1) but
> 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6 is to be installed

2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6 is the correct version of libc6 for sarge and the
libapache2-mod-php4 for sarge is version 4:4.3.10-19 and requires libc6
 >= 2.3.2.ds1-21 so should be fine.  It appears that you are trying to
install a later version of libapache2-mod-php4 which is not suitable for
sarge.

Could you show us the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list?

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk