[Gllug] Problems with ps2pdf

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri May 25 15:12:48 UTC 2007

On 25 May 2007, Peter Childs said:

> On 25/05/07, Peter Childs <peterachilds at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Oh Ok I can swap that, I spose but quite a few debian packages are marked
>> to depend on gs-esp but I could just change the link in /etc/alternatives to
>> that.
>
> Sorry meant ubuntu there. Would it not be better to just say that packages
> required gs and that gs (a meta package) was supplied by either gs-esd,
> gs-gpl or gs-afpl. Then if you don't mind that gs-afpl is non-free you can
> just install it and uninstall gs-esd.

Yeah, but it's a bit pointless now: the thing which used to be gs-afpl
has been GPLed for a few releases now, and gs-esp is merging with it
(which is all to the good because there are only a few things that
gs-esp does better than upstream GS: it's a fork *nobody* really wanted,
including the forker).

--
Aiming for 10^10.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk